Monday, December 03, 2007

Trip to Texas - I'm Back!






I haven't posted since before I left to go on my Thanksgiving trip to Texas to see my dear friend Jane. I have photos to post (they are on my Facebook site if you can't wait) but don't have them here with me to post them now. It was fun, a lot of driving in the car everywhere... nothing seems to be close to anything else in Texas! I got to meet up with my crafing/internet friend, Barb from Austin as she and her husband kindly arranged their schedules to be down in Houston so we could do that. She and Jane introduced me to Chik-fil-a and we had a lovely time getting to visit, though it was all too short.

And we had a really fun Thanksgiving day with Jane, her son Jonathan and daughter Lori (and Buttercup the dog of course). We managed to cook a great big turkey and it came out great (neither Jane nor I had much experience in this type of thing) and I'm sure as big as it was they may still be eating leftovers this week yet! We had all the usual Thanksgiving trimmings, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, stuffing (for them, I'm not so keen on it), sweet potatoes (with marshmallows on top), mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie with Cool Whip for dessert... though I don't think we had dessert for quite a while after dinner. (had some pie for breakfast while the parades were on though).

And Friday evening we went for a ride on the Polar Express up in Palestine, TX. It was a bit chilly but we dressed warm and did fine. We got to have hot chocolate and see Santa at the end. Jonathan really loved it. I'm back now and into the routine of work (both my jobs) and getting back to all the usual things.

No comments: