Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An Interview with Gregory Maguire

http://media.barnesandnoble.com/?fr_story=35e1f87dfcf8ea010bb4602f6f6dbc44d23c662a
this is an interview with Gregory Maguire the author of Wicked. I wasn't as pleased with Wicked as I thought I would be, but this is an engaging interview and he makes some interesting points. I may check out his children's books actually. I hear that the play based on Wicked is good, and I'm curious about it, after reading the book, I wonder how it could be made into a play... there's not a tremendous amount of action in it, so I wonder how it would hold attention as a play. He's an interesting man at any rate so I'm putting in this interview for those of you who might want to see it. He mentions the importance of his journal in his writing and how he was inspired by a book he read as a child to keep a journal. So maybe I should do more with that myself as I'm always thinking I should.

1 comment:

Sharon Sahl said...

Hi Pam,
Good interview. I've read a few of his and loved the one based on the Snow White story "Mirror, Mirror". I like that he recommends his favorite novels too. Thanks for the link.